Mr. Lal Mani Adhikari is a development professional experienced in health and development sectors of Nepal, particularly contributing in program management aspects including need assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation at national and regional level health projects.
Mr. Lal Mani has more than fifteen years of experience in the field of Tuberculosis and HIV program. Some successful key project outcomes were: Increased TB case finding using innovative diagnostics like GeneXpert, developing protocol and develop national guidelines for HIV and TB program in strong coordination and partnership with concerned stakeholders. Mr. Adhikari has also had experience in executing HIV/AIDS integrated health service program improving diagnosis, care & support and treatment services for people living with HIV among cross border migrants.
Furthermore, Mr. Adhikari is involved in hosting and facilitating various seminars, trainings and orientations on TB and HIV program at national and regional level. Mr. Adhikari has very good competencies in strategic leadership, designing and implementing operational researches, Guidelines and protocol development, proposal writing, Result based M and E, strategic project implementation and stakeholder management.
- Programme Management
- Programme Coordination
- Post Disaster Humanitarian approaches
- Health Research and Research Management (certified)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (Certified)
- Logistics Management (Certified)
- Rapid field project implementation
- TB and HIV laboratory management
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Medical Sociology, Mewar University, 2019
- Post Graduate Certificate in Public Health. Peoples-Uni, Manchester UK, 2016
- Master Degree in Sociology, Mahendra Multiple Campus, Tribhuvan University, 2010
- Current: Feb 2019 to till date: Health System Strengthening Coordinator, HERD International
- Feb 2017 – Feb 2019: Program Manager-NTP SR program, HERD, Kathmandu, Nepal. Project: To support implementation of National TB Program-Sub Recipient model
- May 2012 – Dec 2016, Field Coordinator, UN-Migration Agency (IOM), Damak, Nepal. Project: TB REACH (Introduction of GeneXpert Technology and implementation to improve Tuberculosis case finding in Nepal)
- Jan 2009 – April 2012: Laboratory Technician/Quality Assurance Focal person, UN-Migration Agency, International Organization for Migration, Damak, Nepal. Project: TB Screening among Bhutanese Refugees in Nepal for third country resettlement)
- Dec 2006 – Dec 2008: Assistant Clinic Manager, Family Health International (FHI), Dhangadhi, Kailali, Project: Reaching Across Border.
- Can artificial intelligence outperform human intelligence at interpreting chest radiographs for tuberculosis? An multi-site evaluation of three deep learning applications. Zhi Zhen Qin, MPH; Melissa S. Sander PhD; Bishwa Rai MPH; Collins N. Titahong, MS; Santat Sudrungrot, MS, Sylvain N. Laah, MD; Lal Mani Adhikari, PhD; E. Jane Carter, MD; Lekha Puri, MScPH; Andrew J. Codlin MPH; Jacob Creswell, PhD; on pipeline Publication.
- The performance and yield of tuberculosis testing algorithms using microscopy, chest x-ray, and Xpert MTB/RIF. Jacob Creswell, Bikash Lamichhane, Bishwa Rai, Deepak Kumar Yadav, Lal Mani Adhikari, Mohan Kumar Prasai, Nirmala Bista, Rajendra Gurung, Santat Sudrungrot, Zhi Zhen Qin. Co Author. Published on “Journal of Clinical Tuberculosis and Other Mycobacterial Diseases” 2018.
- Gender Perspectives on Preference and Belief of different Ethnomedical Health Care Practices in Nepal. Author, Nepal Journal of Multidisciplinary Research (NJMR), September 2018.
- AN EXPLANATORY MODEL FOR CURING COMMON ILLNESSES USING SHAMANISM IN EASTERN NEPAL. Author, published on Journal of Advanced Academic Research (JAAR), Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Introducing new tuberculosis diagnostics: the impact of Xpert MTB/RIF testing on case notifications in Nepal, Co-author, Published on Journal of International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, 2015. DOI: 10.5588/ijtld.14.0775.
- Social Epidemiology of HIV/TB Coinfection: A triad with Poverty, Author, published on Journal of Advanced Academic Research, 2014. DOI: 10.3126/jaar.v1i1.13513.
- Effectiveness of Syndromes STI case Management /Reproductive Health Training in Knowledge and Practice of Auxillary Health Workers, Co-author, Published on Journal of Universal College of Medical Sciences, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3126/jucms.v2i3.11826.
- Yield of Three Consecutive Sputum Specimen in Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis in Comparison with Sputum Culture: Active case finding in Bhutanese Refugee living in Nepal; Coauthor. Conference presentation: ICIDN 2015, Kathmandu, http://icidn2015.com/ICIDN2015BookofAbstractsOnlineversion.pdf
- ADVANTAGE OF GENEXPERT MTB/RIF FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF PULMONARY TUBERCULOSIS SUSPECTS IN NEPAL. Co-Author. Conference: SEAR UNION conference on TB and Lung Health, At Kathmandu Nepal.
- Implications of Molecular assays for Tuberculosis diagnosis in Nepal: A Literature Review: Author, Conference proceeding, published in abstract book of International Conference on Emerging Science and Technology, Biratnagar, Nepal, 2014.
- Ethnomedical Health Care Practices: Propelling or impeding Human Development. Author/presenter for Conference proceeding 8th Global Human Development Conference, Kathmandu, Nepal 2012.