Improving Access to Diabetes Care
Project Progress :
Started Date:May 01 2016 Completed Date:February 01 2019
Improving Access to Diabetes CareCategories :
This project aims to improve access of diabetes care in selected two districts (Dhading; and Nuwakot) of Nepal by delivering diabetes screening, prevention and management.
• Develop capacity of health workers on diabetes detection, prevention and management, though organizing the trainings.
• Enhance awareness on diabetes prevention and management at the policy/health manager’s level through organizing policy advocacy workshops and roundtable discussions.
• Increase awareness on diabetes prevention, healthy lifestyle, and health behaviour change in general population with the particular emphasis on adult population at risk.
• Develop health promotion materials to facilitate COMBI (communication for behavioural impact) for improving healthy lifestyle
• Organize trainings and seminars with the media people to disseminate diabetes prevention and control messages using different media
• Organize trainings and seminars with the school teachers (lower and secondary levels) of selected districts and facilitate trained teachers and health workers to organize school health education sessions to improve healthy behaviour and increase awareness on diabetes prevention and control.