Mr. Bishu Prasad Dulal is a Data Analysis and Research Design expert with fifteen years of experience in various institutions. His proficiency is in areas of public health research design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation including preparation of data collection tools and training facilitation. His proficiency in software such as Ms_office, CSPro, ODK, SPSS, STATA, Atlas/ti, and Optifood linear analysis makes statistical analyses and quantitative research analysis his area of expertise.
Over the years, he has been engaged in several public health issues including adolescent and reproductive health, and gender based violence and a part of over 40 health projects.
He is currently employed with HERD International as Data for Decision Making Coordinator and is seconded to the Ministry of Health as part of the National Health Sector Support Programme (NHSSP).
2005- Master’s Degree in Population Studies/ Demography, University Campus, Kirtipur, Nepal.
Work undertaken that best illustrates capability to handle the tasks assigned
Data Analysis and Management Manager at Helen Keller International (HKI): Mr. Dulal was primarily responsible for analysis and presentation of findings for research, monitoring and evaluation data of the national nutrition programme ‘Suaahara’. He was also engaged in several other projects in HKI lending his data analysis expertise where necessary.
Data Analyst at Health Research and Social Development Forum (HERD): At HERD, Mr. Dulal served as the focal person for quantitative research, data management and monitoring and evaluation. His responsibilities included development of research instruments, coordination with national and international stakeholders, facilitation of research trainings, and team coordination.
Data Management Officer at Center for Research on Environment Health and Population Activities (CREHPA): He gained extensive experience in research designing, implementation, data analysis, and report writing during his tenure at CREHPA.
- Dulal B, Mundy G, Sawal S, Rana PP, and Cunningham K, (2017). Homestead Food Production and Maternal and Child Dietary Diversity in Nepal: Variations in Association by Season and Agroecological Zone
- D. Layne Coppock, Nirmala Pandey, Sanoj Tulachan, Divakar Duwa, Maghana Dhungana, Bishnu Prasad Dulal (2015). Targeted Informal Education Promotes Improved Well-Being, Innovation, and Climate-Change Adaptation among Residents in Bajura District, Nepal
- CH Rocca, M Puri, B Dulal, L Bajracharya, CC Harper, M Blum, JT Henderson (2013). Unsafe abortion after legalisation in Nepal: a cross-sectional study of women presenting to hospitals. International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Tamang, Anand, Tuladhar S, Tamang J, Ganatra B, Dulal B (2012). Factors associated with choice of medical or surgical abortion among women in Nepal. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Lamichhane P, Puri M, Tamang J, and Dulal B (May 2011). Women's status and violence against young married women in rural Nepal. BMC Women's Health.
- Hikmat B. Rayamajhi and Bishnu Pd. Dulal (2008). Population of Nepal – a text book for Bachelor level students. Hira Books Enterprise, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal.