Mr. Ramesh Kumar Sharma is a highly sought after professional with over thirty-five years of experience with the Government of Nepal (GoN). Over the years, he has served in numerous influential positions within the government. He worked as the Secretary to the various agencies of the Government of Nepal from August 2015 to January 2017. Mr. Sharma has three years of experience as Gazetted Special Class Secretary of the GoN with working experiences in National Vigilance Centre, Ministry of Peace and Reconstruction, Financial Comptroller General and Public Procurement Monitoring Office.
Mr. Sharma is currently employed with HERD International as Senior Public Procurement Advisor and is seconded to the Ministry of Health as part of the PPFM work stream of the National Health Sector Support Programme (NHSSP).
1994- Diploma in Computer Technology, NCC, Nepal
1985- Master of Business Administration, Tribhuwan University, Nepal
Work undertaken that best illustrates capability to handle the tasks assigned
- Gazetted Ist Class Officer of GoN working in Public Service Commission as a Joint Secretary.
- Gazetted Ist Class Officer of GoN working in Public Service Commission as a Regional Director.
- Gazetted Ist Class Officer of GoN working in Revenue Investigation Department as Deputy Director General
- Gazetted Ist Class Officer of GoN in Ministry of Peace and Reconstruction as Joint Secretary.
- Facilitator of Interim Constitution Draft Committee of Nepal.
- Former Member of the Drafting Committee of Public Procurement Act, 2007 and Public Procurement Regulation, 2007 in 2005/06.
- Initiative Member of the Drafting Committee of the current amendment of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 and Public Procurement Regulation, 2007 in 2016/17.
- Selected as a Best Innovator for "South Asia Procurement Innovation Award 2016/17" for e-GP execution in Nepal in 4th South Asia Region Public Procurement Conference (SARPPC) held from February 20-23 in Sri Lanka.
Author of the book "Public Procurement Management in Nepal: Theory and Practice", published by Bina Dhungana, 2017
Co-Author of the book "Public Procurement Management in Nepal", published by Bina Dhungana, 2007
Author of the book "Public Procurement Legislations in Nepal" published by Bina Dhungana, 2007
Co-Author of "Accounting and Fiscal Administration" published by S.K.Books and Stationers, Biratnagar, 2002